Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Philadelphia, PA
Advanced Practitioner (PA or NP) Opportunity in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nazareth Hospital, part of the larger Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic health system, has been a staple in the welcoming community of Lexington Park in Northeast Philadelphia for more than 80 years. Offering the latest in healthcare, close to home, Nazareth Hospital stays at the forefront of care with the most up-to-date diagnostic, medical, surgical, and cardiac care. Residents from multiple disciplines rotate in the ICU and engage with our critical care team on a daily basis promoting an environment of learning and collaboration at the bedside. Expansion in multiple service lines within the hospital increases the acuity that is managed in the ICU and offers patients advanced care, close to home.
- 200-bed, community-based hospital
- Team of 3 intensivists & 1 advanced practitioner
- Medical/Surgical/Cardiac/Neuro ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Nazareth Hospital was the first hospital in the Philadelphia area to receive the Service Line of Excellence achievement from Corazon, Inc. Advances in the heart and vascular care offered at Nazareth Hospital including cardiac catherization, vascular surgery and management of chronic heart issues, earned the hospital this prestigious award. The addition of robotic services, bariatric care, cancer treatment and several other hospital-based services continue to increase the level of care provided. As part of the Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic family, Nazareth Hospital has access to the highest levels of care in the region to meet the needs of the sickest of patients.
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA); 3+ years of ICU experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Northeast Philadelphia, Nazareth Hospital is conveniently positioned to offer team members a variety of community and housing options. Candidates have the opportunity to live in the Lexington Park community or commute from the city or Northern Suburbs of Philadelphia. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound in the area.