Co-Medical Director – Oceanside, CA
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Tri-City Medical Center was founded in 1961 with a mission to advance the health and wellness of its patients. As a full-service, acute-care public hospital with 365 licensed medical beds and twenty-eight bed ICU, Tri-City’s is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County servicing the three major cities of Oceanside, Vista, and Carlsbad.
- 19 full time physician program and 2 APPs, including two Co-Chief Hospitalists
- The Co-Medical Director will work mostly days with some nights as needed.
- Open ICU – No procedures required; the Critical Care team is available for procedural support
- Hospitalist team is responsible for in-house STEMI, stroke and serves as back up to the ICU nurses for rapid response. ER is code blue team.
- EMR system – Cerner and access to Sound Physicians internal informatics platform
- Comp range of $300k- $320k yearly
- Multiple years of medical director experience required
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location & Lifestyle
Nestled between two major metropolitan cities, Oceanside, CA, enjoys a prime location just 40 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles. This picturesque beach town embodies the essence of Southern California living. With its idyllic coastal setting, Oceanside offers a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere that captures the true essence of beachside living. The city’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean ensures a mild and pleasant climate year-round, making it a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and beach lovers. Whether it’s strolling along the sandy shores, catching a wave, or simply soaking up the sun, Oceanside provides the perfect backdrop for endless adventures and unforgettable memories.
The vibrant community of Oceanside is brimming with diverse attractions and activities. Beyond the beach, visitors can explore the charming downtown district, which is teeming with trendy boutiques, eclectic restaurants, and a thriving arts scene. The historic Oceanside Pier is a popular landmark that stretches out into the glistening ocean, offering breathtaking views and a perfect spot for fishing or enjoying a leisurely stroll. Nature enthusiasts can venture to nearby attractions like the Buena Vista Lagoon or the Oceanside Harbor, where they can embark on boat tours, spot marine life, or engage in water sports. With its perfect blend of laid-back coastal vibes, year-round pleasant weather, and a wealth of exciting opportunities, Oceanside, CA, stands as a quintessential Southern California beach town, inviting visitors to experience the true essence of the California dream.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth