Clinical Performance Registered Nurse – Dallas, TX
Are you a registered nurse with a passion for improving the quality of patient care? And are you looking for better work-life balance — without having to work nights and weekends, and with paid holidays? If so, this may be the ideal career for you. As a clinical performance nurse (CPN) with Sound’s hospitalist team. You’re a collaborative team member building strong relationships with your clinical provider team and implementing strategic plans to improve patient outcomes.
Wouldn’t you love to wake up every day excited about the work you do?
How we bring better to the bedside: Our people, practice, and purpose
Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded, and the patient is at the center of all we do.
As a CPN, you’re an essential member of the team that partners with the medical director to engage and educate the hospitalist physicians and advanced practice providers in quality and process improvement initiatives. You’ll use key metrics from our proprietary metrics software to measure and track performance outcomes.
What does it take to be a successful clinical performance nurse?
- A registered nurse (RN), with a passion for improving patient care.
- A proactive “go-getter” who can follow through on commitments.
- A positive attitude and the ability to adapt and be nimble in an innovative healthcare organization.
- A collaborative influencer who sees the big picture and works with integrity.
- Service-oriented with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- An interest in data analytics, and the ability to use key metrics from our proprietary metrics software to measure and track performance outcomes.
Yours is a multifaceted role on the hospitalist team. While this position does not provide direct patient care, you participate in daily workflows, advocate for patient goals in the care plan, and ensure communication throughout the care team as the patient moves through their hospital stay. Sound’s mission to improve the quality of health care does not stop when a patient is discharged. We have a keen interest in making sure that our patients are properly cared for after they leave our care in the hospital.
As a CPN, you’ll work a 40-hour week, Monday through Friday, in a fast-paced environment while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy in all you do. This role requires strong clinical knowledge and experience in the acute care hospital setting. Having the ability to assess a patient’s clinical status and readiness for discharge is important. As part of our practice, we’re looking for someone with:
- RN licensure in good standing; a BSN is preferred.
- Two or more years of nursing experience is required. Additional experience in case management, quality, utilization review, transitional care, or post-acute services is helpful but not required.
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives around patient satisfaction, length of stay, and reducing readmission is helpful but not required.
- Critical thinking skills and proficiency with technology, including electronic medical systems and Microsoft Office.
Patient care is our top priority, and we’re committed to achieving positive patient outcomes at the bedside and beyond through effective teamwork.
Interested in joining our practice? Reach out to Marian Wright to have a conversation.