Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
What Matters to You
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Banner University Medical Center, one of the largest nonprofit healthcare systems in the country, is a nationally recognized, busy 733-bed academic Level I Trauma Center and one of Arizona’s leading hospitals. This world-class hospital is focused on clinical excellence, and expanded services, with highly trained medical professionals serving the community. The hospital is long known for new medical discoveries and expertise in high-risk obstetrics, advanced heart care, organ transplant orthopedics, and rehabilitation.
- Medically directed practice and care team model
- General call pool
- OB and CV have their own dedicated teams and call schedule
- Variety of cases including, high-risk OB, CV, Trauma, ortho, GI, and transplants
- Compensation: $550k with an additional stipend for leadership, $40k Sign-on bonus, relocation allowance, and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra shifts are available
- ABA certification required
- Leadership experience preferred
Location and Lifestyle
Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, is known as the Valley of the Sun. It is a popular and easy relocation option from anywhere in the USA. Phoenix is a large metropolitan area with a population of over 4M people. The city is multi-cultural with an abundance of spas, resorts, and golf courses bounded by national forests.
Phoenix has a thriving cultural and fine arts community with dozens of Museums, Symphony Orchestra, Arizona Ballet, dance troops, and performing arts, including the Orpheum theatre and Arizona Opera. Phoenix’s culinary scene boasts many diverse cuisines including local specialties from around the world. The city is proud of its professional sports teams and is home to the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, and the Arizona Diamondbacks. The area has access to a large number of recreation options for the whole family, including national parks and city parks to enjoy hiking, camping, swimming, horseback riding, cycling, and climbing. Phoenix is home to several world-class golf courses and The Desert Botanical Gardens. Camelback Mountain is one of Phoenix’s best hikes and a popular attraction for thousands of visiting hikers each year. Camelback Mountain borders Phoenix’s Arcadia neighborhood with amazing dining experiences and a high-quality living.
- Ranked in the top 50 hospitals by U.S. News and World Report for specialty services and listed as the top 2 hospitals in Arizona
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and the AHA’s Type 2 Diabetes Honor award for quality measures around diabetes and cardiovascular care
- Recipient of the National award for Excellence in delivering high quality and cost-effective care