Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
As Associate Program Director (APD) you will assist the Program Director in leading and directing the IM Residency Program by devoting principal effort to its management and administration as well as teaching, clinical care, and research. This position comes with dedicated administrative time.
- 214 beds non-profit community and academic hospital
- Internal Medicine residency program (42 residents)
- All major subspecialties available for support and consultation
- Closed ICU
- No procedures required; no vents. no intubations, no central lines
- Residents are first responders to codes and RRT; the teaching hospitalists will provide backup and support as needed.
- EMR – Epic
Location and Lifestyle
The Village of Olympia Fields has a population of approximately 4,700. This affluent village is located in a southern suburb of Chicago, approximately 32 miles from downtown Chicago. It is very commutable for anyone living in Chicago doing a reverse drive or train ride, or easily reached by multiple freeways in neighboring suburbs.
St. James Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Campus is conveniently located 30 minutes from Midway International Airport.
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Physicians who embrace leadership roles at Sound Physicians not only thrive but also excel by embracing risk-taking, prioritizing their teams, and going the extra mile to ensure the success of their practices. We provide aspiring leaders with a solid foundation to cultivate their abilities and take on additional responsibilities. For seasoned leaders, we offer opportunities to refine their skills through personalized coaching and access to advanced content. We believe that every individual deserves the chance to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” while juggling their professional commitments, enabling them to deliver exceptional work and find fulfillment in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we wholeheartedly invest in our leaders through a physician-led learning and development team, empowering them to realize their utmost potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is dedicated exclusively to enhancing the well-being of our clinicians.
- Sound offers a dedicated learning and development program tailored to accelerate clinical leadership. This comprehensive program incorporates a combination of virtual and live events and mentorship opportunities to foster the growth and advancement of our clinicians in their leadership roles.
- Sound provides clinician-specific tools that specifically target gaining valuable insights into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other critical outcomes. These tools are designed to support clinicians in assessing and improving their performance, enhancing their satisfaction, and achieving key objectives.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we understand the priorities that matter to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are some of the key principles we prioritize. We take pride in challenging the status quo and striving to transform the acute episode of care through our innovative model.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth