Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program – Olympia Fields, IL
To prospective Associate Program Directors,
I’m the Internal Medicine Program Director for Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Medical Center, in Olympia Fields, Illinois. I have been a part of Sound Medical Group since 2023. I’m proud of the Hospitalist practice and internal medicine residency we have built and welcome interest from academic physicians desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- Sound is comprised of an academic and clinical hospitalist team, meeting the community’s needs, and providing education to internal medicine residents.
- We have been partnering with Franciscan Health Olympia Fields since summer 2023, and we have already made great strides in improving patient experience, residency experience, and overall quality outcomes for our teams and the hospital.
- Franciscan Health St. James Olympia Fields campus is home to 45 internal medicine residents. Our hospital also offers residency programs in emergency medicine, general surgery, urology, radiology, and orthopedic surgery. Fellowship programs include critical care, rheumatology, and gastroenterology.
- While our academic partner is Midwestern University, our faculty are employed by Sound.
- Our faculty and clinical teams are highly diverse in education and experience and come from around the world.
- We value our collaboration with the ancillary and nursing staff, other residencies and fellowship programs, and specialists throughout the hospital.
- Every member of our team is involved in a committee of their choosing within the hospital.
- Olympia Fields is a quaint and affluent village is in a southern suburb of Chicago, approximately 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. The town is well-connected to major highways, making commuting a breeze. The village offers world class gulf courses (2023 PGA Championship), a multitude of restaurants and shopping, and an impressive amphitheater for concerts, all within 30 minutes of Midway Airport.
- We proudly sponsor H1B physicians, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered by Sound.
- Our team serves patients within our 214-bed hospital and while a sizable portion of our patients are geriatric, we do see a wide variety of diagnoses in adults of all ages.
- As Associate Program Director, with at least 4 years of prior experience as an academic attending, you will engage in clinical rotations with residents and medical students, coupled with approximately 8 hours a week of administrative teaching time (lectures, etc.).
- Our team is not responsible for procedures; however, we will provide backup to residents who are first responders to codes and rapid responses.
- Participate in recruitment and retention of residents, and assist in the supervision, direction, evaluation, and administration of the IM residency program.
- Our schedule is predictable, as 7 on – 7 off. 7am-7pm. All members of our team primary work the day shift, with some flexibility in working hours when fulfilling academic activities.
- Our EMR is Epic.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Farooq Khan, MD
Residency Program Director -Internal Medicine
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields