Associate Medical Director – Emergency Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
St. Joseph’s is a 478 facility part of a three Hospital Health System featuring a 44-bed Medical Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12-bed Neuro CCU and Step down unit, and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms. One of three Accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and one of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. St. Joseph’s is home to the Neurological Institute, Women’s Care Program, and Nationally-certified and awarded Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs.
- Level I Trauma
- Hospital Beds: 471
- ED Beds: 50
- ED volume: 50,000
- 40 hours of physician coverage; 16 hours of APP coverage
- Physician procedures: conscience sedation, airway management, central lines
- Admission rate: 25%- high acuity
- Technology: MRI 24/7, bedside Ultrasound, 3 cath labs, Stroke Center, Cerner EMR
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs and improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support
Location & Lifestyle
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is home to roughly 1 million people, the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts. Our community may be the best-kept secret in the Southwest – join us!
- 360 days of annual sunshine with an average temperature of 83′ F
- Phenomenal Schools – Tucson has three high schools that were listed in the Top 50 High Schools in the USA by S. News & World Report
- Tucson is among the hottest housing markets for 2021. The average home cost is 21% less than the average home cost in Phoenix.
- Year-round recreational activities include rock climbing, snow-skiing, camping, hiking, and bicycling across the area’s 800+ miles of biking paths.
- Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Excellent culinary culture and scene – Tucson is the only U.S. city designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO