Associate Medical Director, Hospitalist – Binghamton, NY
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for the Sound Physicians hospitalist program at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, New York. I’m proud of the hospital medicine practice we’ve built and appreciate that you’re interested in joining our team of exceptional physicians. Below, you’ll find more about what drives us as we focus on people, practice, and purpose.
- We’re a welcoming, resilient team of 18 physicians and four advanced practice providers (APPs), who join forces with other hospital staff and departments to bring the best possible quality of care to our patients.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who are supportive and collaborative with other staff and departments.
- Many of us are active on hospital committees that help solidify our relationships with specialists and our very supportive C-suite.
- I believe in being a transformative leader who supports and collaborates with our team.
- Our clinical performance nurse supports you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- Binghamton is an affordable university town, tucked in the Appalachian Mountains, that offers a laidback lifestyle with all the amenities of a big city.
- We’re proud to offer J1-visa sponsorship through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The hospital has a co-managed ICU with intensivist support.
- We’re a community hospital with 197 beds that has excellent subspecialty support. And with the size of our hospital, you have the opportunity to get to know the hospital staff and specialists.
- We perform rounds, admissions, and discharges as well as multidisciplinary rounds, collaborate with the APPs, and teach our own family medicine and internal medicine residents. Our team performs geographic rounding; no procedures or vent management is required.
- Our hospitalist team is part of the rapid response and code team, and we’re all certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. The intensivists will provide support.
- I’m looking for a strong clinician who has integrity and will support the team we’ve built. We have internal programs to develop or fine-tune your leadership skills while connecting with a cohort of other emerging leaders. Internal and family medicine physicians are welcome to apply.
- Our team meets monthly to keep each other abreast of what’s going on in the field of medicine, at the hospital, and with Sound.
- Our schedule is week on/week off, but alternative options will be considered.
- We work in Cerner, with Dragon for dictation, and we have access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Compensation range is $349,000 to $375,000 per year based on 182 shifts. We also offer a productivity incentive. You receive a higher shift rate when you work more than your scheduled shifts; Yearly stipend of $15,000 for your administrative responsibilities.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance. You have the ability to secure your future with our Path to Partnership track.
- Our patients always come first.
- I came to Sound because of their focus on great patient care and outcomes as well as their clinical and operational commitment to provide their clinicians with the right resources and support.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
To learn more about this opportunity, complete the application and my recruiting partner will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Travis Sewalls
Hospitalist Medical Director