Through People, We Make a Difference
At Capital Anesthesia, a part of Sound Physicians, we know that an engaged team stems from strong clinical leadership. Our leaders include board-certified clinicians who bring years of clinical and operational knowledge along with demonstrated success in the building and management of nationwide anesthesia practice. Their focus on establishing an anesthesia care team model where each clinician is valued and invested ensures that we can continue to improve the perioperative experience and decrease costs for our patients.
To drive volume while increasing the quality of patient care, Capital and Sound Physicians has taken a unique approach to anesthesia services. Our care-team model leverages both anesthesiologists and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience.
What Sets Sound Apart
- Expertise in performance management across the entire acute and post-acute episode of care
- Our technology-forward, data-driven approach to improving patient experience
- SoundMetrix, our proprietary analytics platform, provides real-time, risk-adjusted metrics and patient levels to optimize care
- Sound’s own workflow and communications platform that supports clinician and nursing workflows across care settings
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Medical programs excel when they have teams that are provided with consistent development opportunities and the resources they need to support their wellbeing. All of our clinicians attend an in-person onboarding session to not only align our vision and values but the values and goals of our hospital partners as well. In addition, we heavily invest in online and in-person development opportunities for our clinicians to help them reach their greatest potential.
Wilkes Barre General is a 412-bed hospital and is part of the Commonwealth Health System, one of the state’s largest healthcare networks. The hospital specializes in heart and vascular care and offers advanced treatment for wide-ranging specialties, including orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and minimally invasive robotic-assisted procedures. Wilkes-Barre General Hospital has received the Gold Seal Designation by the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Center, Hip, Knee, and Shoulder replacement and for Spine Surgery.
- Variety of cases: general, ortho, pediatrics, OB, neuro, hearts, robotics
- Experienced anesthesiologists and new grads are welcome; a current, unrestricted license in Pennsylvania is required
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- In-depth, real-time performance feedback to ensure you have the right technology to drive better patient outcomes
Location & Lifestyle
Wilkes-Barre, a keystone of Northwestern Pennsylvania, is a progressive city with industrial roots, located along the Susquehanna River and is a commutable distance from New York City and Philadelphia. Wilkes-Barre and the surrounding Wyoming Valley are framed by the Pocono Mountains to the east, and Endless Mountains to the north and west, and the Lehigh Valley to the south. The area boasts recreational activities and local attractions, including the beautiful Pocono Mountains resort, a popular vacation spot year-round, with recreational activities including golf, camping, hiking, and skiing. Kirby Park is the setting for the city’s annual Cherry Blossom Festival and the public square hosts many events throughout the year, such as a Farmers Market and The Fine Arts Fiesta.