Through People, We Make a Difference
At Sound Physicians, we know that an engaged team stems from strong clinical leadership. Our leaders include board-certified clinicians who bring years of clinical and operational knowledge along with demonstrated success in the building and management of nationwide anesthesia practice. Their focus on establishing an anesthesia care team model where each clinician is valued and invested in ensures that we can continue to improve the perioperative experience and decrease costs for our patients.
To drive volume while increasing the quality of patient care, Sound Physicians has taken a unique approach to anesthesia services. Our care-team model leverages both anesthesiologists and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience.
What Sets Sound Apart
- Expertise in performance management across the entire acute and post-acute episode of care
- Our technology-forward, data-driven approach to improving patient experience
- SoundMetrix, our proprietary analytics platform, provides real-time, risk-adjusted metrics and patient levels to optimize care
- Sound’s own workflow and communications platform that supports clinician and nursing workflows across care settings
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Medical programs excel when they have teams that are provided with consistent development opportunities and the resources they need to support their wellbeing. All our clinicians attend an in-person onboarding session to not only align our vision and values but the values and goals of our hospital partners as well. In addition, we heavily invest in online and in-person development opportunities for our clinicians to help them reach their greatest potential.
Laredo Medical Center is a 326-bed licensed acute care facility offering a range of inpatient and outpatient services. LMC is accredited by the Joint Commission, is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and received the designation of Level III Neonatal Intensive Care service provided by the Texas Department of Health Services. The facility is the only hospital in the area with a dedicated unit for bone and joint services, including robotic-assisted surgery for orthopedic cases. LMC also is home to the largest emergency center in the community with an Advanced Level III Trauma Designation. In 2020, LMC grew its footprint by constructing the first freestanding Emergency Department.
Sound Anesthesia is seeking a general Anesthesiologist to join our team at Laredo Medical Center.
Laredo Medical Center Anesthesiologist Highlights include:
- 2 week on / 2 week off model
- All MDs doing their own cases; not supervising CRNAs
- Level III trauma center with OB/GYN, Ortho, minor Vascular, Urology, minimal healthy peds and now adding cardiac
- 8 Points of service per day + 2 OB suites
- Approx 12k annual case volume
- 1099 status with guaranteed compensation working 26 weeks only; any additional weeks picked up at a guaranteed weekly rate – $400k base ++
- Malpractice covered by Sound
Position requirements include:
- An active and unrestricted TX medical license and board certification by the ABA
- Willing to have a combined general and cardiac case mix
- Team approach mindset; must be calm and collected in busy situations and have an all-hands-on-deck approach, when needed
Location & Lifestyle
Laredo is settled on the Rio Grande in Southwestern Webb County in South Texas. Located 135 miles from Corpus Christi and 150 miles from San Antonio. Laredo has a prized golf course that overlooks the Rio Grande River and is known as one of Texas’s best public golf courses. If history and culture are your interests, Laredo is a perfect city for you. Once the entirety of the town of Laredo, the historic district is now in the heart of downtown. The streets there are paved with brick and the beautiful architecture reflects Spanish and Mexican influences from the 19th century.