Through People, We Make a Difference
At Capital Anesthesia, a part of Sound Physicians, we know that an engaged team stems from strong clinical leadership. Our leaders include board-certified clinicians who bring years of clinical and operational knowledge along with demonstrated success in the building and management of nationwide anesthesia practice. Their focus on establishing an anesthesia care team model where each clinician is valued and invested ensures that we can continue to improve the perioperative experience and decrease costs for our patients.
To drive volume while increasing the quality of patient care, Capital and Sound Physicians has taken a unique approach to anesthesia services. Our care-team model leverages both anesthesiologists and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience.
What Sets Sound Apart
- Expertise in performance management across the entire acute and post-acute episode of care
- Our technology-forward, data-driven approach to improving patient experience
- SoundMetrix, our proprietary analytics platform, provides real-time, risk-adjusted metrics and patient levels to optimize care
- Sound’s own workflow and communications platform that supports clinician and nursing workflows across care settings
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Medical programs excel when they have teams that are provided with consistent development opportunities and the resources they need to support their wellbeing. All of our clinicians attend an in-person onboarding session to not only align our vision and values but the values and goals of our hospital partners as well. In addition, we heavily invest in online and in-person development opportunities for our clinicians to help them reach their greatest potential.
Regional Hospital of Scranton, a 186-bed, acute care hospital, is part of the Commonwealth Health System and is one of the state’s largest healthcare networks. Regional Hospital of Scranton is certified Gold Seal Designation by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Primary PCI with Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology. They have also been named a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence by the American Heart Association
- Compensation: $435,000 with 10 weeks vacation
- Supervision model
- Variety of cases including, general, Ortho, GI, hearts, TAVRS, Cath Lab, and Robotics
- Call from home 1:4; Post-call day off; No 2nd call
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- In-depth, real-time performance feedback to ensure you have the right technology to drive better patient outcomes
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) and a current, unrestricted license in Pennsylvania is required
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Scranton is the largest city in Lackawanna County in Northeastern Pennsylvania’s Wyoming Valley. Located at the center of the Lackawanna River Valley and between the Pocono and Endless Mountains, there are plenty of activities to take part in. Scranton is approximately 2 hours from New York City and Philadelphia and only a short drive to the Pocono Mountains.