Medical Director, Anesthesia – Winter Haven, FL
Medical Director Opportunity in Winter Haven, FL.
Leadership opportunity with Sound Physicians at Winter Haven Hospital in beautiful Winter Haven, FL. Since 1926 Winter Haven Hospital has been caring for Patients in central Florida. With more than 500 beds Winter Haven Hospital is part of the award-winning BayCare Health System, a group of 15 not-for-profit hospitals. Sound Physician’s care-team model leverages both anesthesiologists and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience. This is an opportunity to join one of the most dynamic healthcare companies in the U.S.; you’ll work with innovative and vibrant leaders and a team that hones your skills and fosters your leadership potential.
- Variety of cases; General, Vascular, Ortho, Neuro Spine, EP, Endo, Uro, Bariatrics
- No OB, no Trauma
- Great Monday through Friday schedule
- Limited call; nights and weekends
- 10 weeks of vacation
- 5 Anesthesiologists
- 13 Experienced CRNAs
- Administrative and regional support
- $550,000.00 first-year total compensation package
- Excellent Salary
- Leadership Stipend
- Annual Bonus
- 1099 or W2 options
- Path to Partnership™
- Group paid MedMal
- Top 20% of large U.S. health systems based on clinical outcomes, operational efficiency, patient experience, financial health, and contributions to community health.
- 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma
- Tampa Bay’s Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Winter Haven is in central FL, east of Tampa and Southwest of Orlando. It is a boating paradise surrounded by lakes connected by canals with many waterside restaurants and attractions. The City of Lakes is home to the Lego Land and located on the Florida Antique Loop near the home of the annual Florida Strawberry Festival. Barbecue fans enjoy Pigfest where 150+ BBQ teams fire up their pits each January. Winter Haven has all the community amenities you could want and quick drive from Tampa or Orlando. With great schools and a real estate market where your dollar goes farther Winter Haven is a great relocation option.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through a physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth