Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Ambassador Travel Team
To prospective teammates,
I’m the director of Sound Physicians Hospital Medicine Ambassador program (travel team). I have been a part of Sound for six years. I’m proud of the Ambassador team we’ve built and welcome interest from acute care nurse practitioners (ACNPs) who desire a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We’re an established and quickly growing team of 25 acute care certified advanced practice providers.
- Our team members live throughout the country and travel to our hospital partner sites nationwide.
- Our nurse practitioners (NPs) all have at least three years of hospitalist experience as an ACNP and are passionate about teamwork, integrity, and delivering high-quality patient care.
- Our Ambassador NPs practice in various hospital settings and are highly adaptable.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases. Our team covers adult acute care patients in a traditional hospital medicine setting. We complete admissions from the emergency department, develop treatment plans, and perform history and physical examinations.
- Our nurse practitioners have the opportunity to lead and develop new team models and mentor new team members.
- Ambassadors participate in any team meetings and initiatives to drive high-quality care and bring better care to the bedside.
- Our Ambassador clinicians’ airfare and lodging are paid for by Sound in addition to their compensation.
- Ambassadors work a seven-on, seven-off block schedule.
- Sounds’ licensing team will help manage the procurement of any state licenses needed to work at one of our hospital partner locations. We’ll cover the cost of these licenses.
- Expected annual salary ranges from $185K to $221K depending on the schedule worked (days/swings/nights).
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Focusing on growth and development is a key feature of Sound practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
National Director of Ambassadors