Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Swing Shift)
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is part of the Carondelet Health Network a member of Tenet, a diverse healthcare organization servicing national and international communities. Carondelet St. Mary’s is a 436-bed facility recognized as a destination hospital for the most modern and minimally-invasive heart and vascular surgery, advanced stroke care, unique and personalized cancer treatment, and emergency care. Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is part of a three Hospital Health System recognized as being one of Southern Arizona’s top healthcare systems as demonstrated through Joint Commission accreditation at all three Carondelet Hospital locations.
- 436-bed hospital
- Established team with 18 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Procedures are not required
- Closed ICU
- Swing shift position 3 PM – 3 AM
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona; ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of one-year recent acute care hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Tucson, AZ is a city in the county seat of Pima County, Arizona, United States, and home to the University of Arizona. Tucson is the second-largest populated city in Arizona behind Phoenix, which both anchors the Arizona Sun Corridor. The city is located 108 miles southeast of Phoenix and 60 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Located in southern Arizona, Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for the outdoors enthusiast. Annually Tucson observes 360 sunny days providing year-round access to recreational activities including rock-climbing, snow-skiing camping, and hiking bicycling along with the areas 800+ miles of biking paths. Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and more than 30 regional museums.
- Carondelet St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s Hospitals are both accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as Chest Pain Centers.
- The Breast Center at Carondelet St. Mary’s has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) representing the gold standard in quality for breast centers across the country – the highest recognition a breast center can receive. It is awarded by The American College of Surgeons to breast centers that voluntarily commit to providing the best possible care to patients.
- The Surgical Weight Loss Center at St. Mary’s Hospital has been designated as an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
- The Carondelet Hospitals are nationally recognized for their commitment to high quality by the US World News for highly performing regional care in Heart Failure, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is recognized also for COPD.