Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
ProMedica Charles & Virginia Hickman Hospital is a 90-bed Acute Care Hospital in Adrian Township. This state-of-the-art hospital opened in Fall 2020 and is over 200,000 square feet with 160 physicians on the medical staff.
- Team of 4 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Procedures are not required
- Hospitalists run codes
- EPIC EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification is required (ANCC, NCCPA, or AANP); A minimum of 1-year hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Adrian, MI, situated among rolling hills and farmland, is a great place for adults to live and children to grow up. Adrian is home to the historic Croswell Opera House offering plays, concerts, and events. Adrian College, and Siena Heights University both located in Adrian. Adrian is located in the southeast corner of Michigan within easy driving distance to Ann Arbor, Detroit, Jackson, and Toledo, Ohio.