Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist Admitter
Advanced Practitioner – Hospitalist Admitter (Days) at Ascension Borgess Medical Center
Ascension Borgess Medical Center is a level 2 trauma center, a comprehensive stroke center, and is in the top 5 percent of U.S. hospitals, according to Healthgrades. They deliver specialty care including advanced heart care, cancer care, orthopedics, neurosciences, women’s health, and pediatric care. Borgess Medical Center is regionally ranked #13 in Michigan and recognized in Southwestern MI as High Performing in 8 procedures/conditions through US News.
- 330-bed, non-profit hospital
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Current, unrestricted license and acute care certification required
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Kalamazoo is in the southwest region of Michigan along the bank of a major bend in the Kalamazoo River and the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city was once the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who had migrated to the area sometime before the first millennium. There is still evidence of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is also home to the start of the Gibson Guitar Corporation, which produces some of the world’s finest quality guitars to this day. Western Michigan University resides in Kalamazoo, Michigan along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo is largely due to its college town atmosphere and has become an area for the arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held annually.