Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Nocturnist or Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital West is a 154-bed, Level III trauma center, Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric care, as well as many other specialties. The hospital was previously awarded the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and was a Joint Commission Top Performer in 2015.
- Team of 14 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- No code requirement
- 14-bed, co-managed ICU with 24/7 intensivist coverage; procedures not required
- Day position main duty is to complete admissions; night position main duty is cross coverage and low acuity admission
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO (ACNP, ANCC, AANP). Open to experienced or new grads with exposure to inpatient care
Location & Lifestyle
Lake Saint Louis is situated around two lakes and between Interstate 70 and Interstate 64 in western St. Charles County. The city’s central amenity is the two private lakes, but there are many other amenities that make Lake Saint Louis popular to residents and visitors alike. There are three shopping centers and numerous restaurants to choose from and is located a short 45-minute drive to downtown St. Louis. Lake Saint Louis is also home to one of the best school systems in the state. The St. Louis International Airport is also within a 30-minute drive.