Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Lake Saint Louis, MO
Dear prospective physician teammates,
I’m excited to introduce you to Sound’s exceptional hospitalist practice at SSM St. Joseph West Hospital in Lake St. Louis, Missouri. As the medical director and associate system medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine team, I’d like to provide a brief overview of what sets our program apart – specifically our people, practice, and purpose:
- Our team includes 16 physicians, 6 advanced practice providers, a clinical performance nurse, and a hospitalist coordinator.
- We celebrate diversity, with clinicians from around the world bringing a rich blend of education and experience that fosters a supportive environment for continual learning and professional growth.
- Our hospital is a place of collaboration within numerous departments. We value a seamless transition of care for our patients and communication within the community is second to none.
- Many team members actively participate in hospital committees and are encouraged to champion projects aligned with their interests.
- We take pride in sponsoring H1B visa candidates, providing top-notch in-house visa specialists, licensing, and credentialing support, covering all necessary fees and services through Sound.
- As a medium-sized community hospital with robust subspecialty support, we relish the challenge of addressing a wide spectrum of patient needs. We support a semi-open ICU with full intensivist coverage 24 hours a day. Our team is not expected to do procedures or run codes and our APPs are not in the ICU.
- Our night APPs focus on admissions and cross-coverage. APPs are never working alone.
- Flexibility in scheduling allows you to balance work with family and outdoor activities, typically following a predictable 7 days on/7 days off pattern.
- We use EPIC and have our own integrated informatics platform for seamless record-keeping.
- Our compensation package is highly competitive and offers opportunities to earn additional income in the form of productivity and quality bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits encompass medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, as well as long- and short-term disability. We provide a 401k plan with a matching contribution, paid medical malpractice coverage, tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- Our unwavering commitment is to put patients first, always.
- At Sound Medical Group, growth and development are paramount. Team members can expand their careers locally and within our broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team, actively encouraging our members to contribute both within and outside the hospital, fostering a thriving local community.
If you’re considering a move for this role, Lake St. Louis is a thriving community that offers a variety of outdoor activities, exceptional schools, new developments, and vibrant amenities. It is a rapidly growing area, with our hospital expanding to meet the increasing demand.
To inquire about career opportunities or receive further information, please reach out to my recruiting partner, Jennifer Warner, who will connect us.
Dr. Wesam Bolkhir
Medical Director and Associate System Director
SSM St. Joseph West Hospital – Lake St. Louis, MO