Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 526-bed non-profit, acute care level II hospital. They offer a wide range of specialty services and are the only level II trauma center in North St. Louis County. The hospital is also a Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- An established team of 24 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and 3 clinical performance nurses
- Seeking both a day and a day/night rotating APP
- 7 on/7 off schedule; 12 hours shifts
- Excellent subspecialty support
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- Hospitalist experience preferred
- Exceptional training program
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Focus on admissions and some cross-coverage at night
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO; acute care certification required; Must have ACLS/BLS
- Open to all levels of experience as long as experience in inpatient medicine and acute care trained, or FNP with hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Bridgeton is a suburb of Greater St. Louis in northwestern St. Louis County. Bridgeton is located at the intersection of the St. Louis outer belt and I-70. It is a short, 25-minute commute to downtown St. Louis and all the amenities the city has to offer.
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s honors westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
- Great schools including public, private, and parochial
- Some of the nation’s best universities including Washington University, St. Louis University, University of Missouri
- Cardinals Baseball at Busch Stadium, Cricket, Soccer, Football, Cycling, Pro Hockey