Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Munson Medical Center is a teaching facility and provider of clinical instruction to medical students and family medicine residents. This award-winning facility is the only verified Level 2 trauma center north of Grand Rapids and is the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan.
- 442-bed, tertiary care, not-for-profit, teaching hospital
- Team of 30 physicians, 18 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Comanaged ICU with intensivists on staff; Procedures experience is not required
- No call environment
- Codes ran by the hospitalist team
- Flexible scheduling
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, or AANP) with a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. Numerous festivals including the National Cherry Festival. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.