Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Grayling, MI
To prospective teammates,
I’m the Medical Director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital in Grayling, Michigan. I have been a part of Sound Medical Group for more than five years and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of two physicians and four advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure a smooth transition of care. Many of us are active in hospital committees and leadership roles, which allows us to have a voice and be part of the change to improve the care of our patients. We also have opportunities to closely work with the community, identify their needs, and mitigate social determinants of health.
- Grayling offers the best of Northern Michigan life. Together, we indulge in year-round adventures such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and camping. The Au Sable River, famous for its fly fishing, runs through our town and offers tubing and kayaking. Ten miles south of Grayling, you will find Higgins Lake, renowned for its crystal-clear waters and ranked as the 6th most beautiful lake in the world by National Geographic. Nationally recognized golf courses also surround us. Whether you like hunting, bird watching, skiing during winter, or water sports during summer, you’ll find something to enjoy in this beautiful community.
- The hospital has an open ICU with five beds. We work with NPs and physician assistants. We have one physician and one APP daily from 7 am – 7 pm. Evenings are covered by one APP from 7 pm – 7 am.
- Our hospitalist team is part of the rapid response and code team. Our physicians are certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. Our APPs are also ACLS certified. We have in-house support from general surgery, orthopedic surgery, urology, podiatry, anesthesia, and ER. We have 24/7 phone coverage for subspecialty consults from our reference center.
- We work with Cerner PowerChart EMR.
- Our team meets virtually every month.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Residents of Grayling, Michigan, enjoy the town’s picturesque natural surroundings, including access to the Au Sable River and nearby forests, making it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. The close-knit community fosters a sense of belonging, and the town’s peaceful atmosphere, coupled with outdoor recreational opportunities, contributes to its appeal for those seeking a quieter, nature-centric lifestyle.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Serge Bebko, MD, Medical Director