Critical Care Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Springfield, OR
To our prospective teammates,
I am the lead advanced practice provider at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center Riverbend in the Eugene-Springfield area. I’m proud of the critical care practice we have built and welcome interest from APPs desiring a career change to explore an opportunity with our group. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are an established team of physicians and advanced practice providers. Our advanced practice providers are experienced ICU APPs with 22 years of combined ICU advanced practice provider experience.
- Our APPs have prior experience with teaching as well as medical, surgical, cardiac, neurologic, and trauma ICU patient care.
- APPs are involved in committees in the ICU and the hospital including the Medical Executive Committee, Critical Care Collaborative, and the Ethics Committee.
- We collaboratively work together across the unit and occasionally gather for nights out.
- PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center Riverbend is a 351-bed state-of-the-art regional medical center and level II trauma center. Our tertiary care center has a full array of subspecialties including neurosurgery, heart & vascular institute, and robotic surgery. The hospital is situated in a forested area overlooking the McKenzie River.
- APPs work together with intensivists (2 intensivists on 12-hour day shifts with 2 APPs on 10-hour day shifts. Night is covered by 2 intensivists. We care for medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac ICU patients.
- Advanced practice providers work 14 shifts per month on average. We work together to make a monthly schedule that we can all agree upon.
- Annual clinical salary is $167,949 for 14 10-hour shifts per month. Commencement bonus included.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We are looking for an NP or PA with a current, unrestricted license and have ACNP or PA ICU experience. While ICU experience is preferred, we will consider NPs and PAs experienced in inpatient or emergency medicine.
- This candidate will demonstrate the ability to independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures. They will present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU, work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team, and commit to excellence in clinical service while demonstrating problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound practices, where we aim to help teammates expand their careers locally as well as within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
The Eugene-Springfield area offers ample opportunities for dining, arts, culture, and shopping. Located in the south end of the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and beside the scenic Willamette & McKenzie Rivers, Eugene-Springfield and the surrounding area is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, and water sports opportunities abound. Skiing opportunities are just an hour away and the ocean is a little over an hour to the west. Eugene also known as “track town USA” is the home of the University of Oregon and the Oregon Ducks. The University’s Hayward Field hosts many international track and field events including the 2022 world championships.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Lead APP, Sound Critical Care | PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center Riverbend