Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a 351-bed state-of-the-art regional medical center and level II trauma center. Our tertiary care center has a full array of subspecialties including Neurosurgery, Heart & Vascular Institute, Robotic Surgery, and the only pediatric surgery hospital outside of the Portland area.
- 3 intensivists & 2 APP’s 7a-7p with 2 intensivists 7p-7a
- 48-bed ICU program with medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac patients
- EMR: Epic
- Active neuro services including stroke and neurointensive programs; Robust cardiac program with LVAD
- Awarded an “A” for Hospital Safety by Leapfrog Group
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA); ACNP or ACPA ICU experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the south end of the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and beside the scenic Willamette & McKenzie Rivers, Springfield is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, & water sports opportunities abound. Skiing opportunities are just an hour away and the ocean is a little over an hour to the West. Together with Eugene, Springfield forms OR’s second-largest metro area with a population of over 350,000. Eugene is also home to the University of Oregon where you can see Olympic and collegiate sporting events. The Hult Center for the Performing Arts offers jazz, opera, ballet, & The Eugene Symphony and Choir as well as various traveling performances. Downtown Springfield offers ample opportunities for dining, arts, culture, & shopping. Springfield/Eugene has a regional airport with daily flights across the country!