Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano has been serving the Plano community and surrounding communities for 30-years with full-service care provided by a compassionate and committed team of healthcare providers. The hospital has been ranked seven years in a row as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For and has received American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Designation.
- 370-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Team of 8 physicians and 8 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Closed ICU; Mandatory consult and heavy management
- Full & part-time opportunities are available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in TX
- Minimum 1 year of ACNP or ACPA ICU experience
Location & Lifestyle
Ranked the most affluent city in the nation and home to numerous top companies, Plano features dining, shopping, and outdoor activities. It is located within 30 minutes of Dallas and 50 minutes of Fort Worth. The area boasts an average of 285 sunny days a year and is a commutable distance to several Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, numerous music and entertainment venues, theaters, the Dallas Symphony, and much more. Texas’ motto is “Friendship”, which perfectly describes the city’s welcoming personality.