Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Coupeville, WA
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine practice at WhidbeyHealth, located in Coupeville, Washington. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for almost ten years and welcome interest from new grad APPs or those out of training or desiring a career change. I would like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely-knit, established team of five physicians and adding two additional NPs.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- We participate in committee work at the hospital, including pharmacy and therapeutics, IT expanse, peer review, credentials, and UR/case management.
- We are seeking NPs or PAs with experience but are open to AGACNP new grads.
- Our small group has a variety of hobbies, including gardening, skiing, traveling, and enjoying the beauty of Whidbey Island. We occasionally gather socially, and our favorite time is for my annual holiday party.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a critical access hospital with an open ICU with limited subspecialty coverage.
- Our APPs work swing shifts from 10 am to 10 pm.
- We work alongside Sound’s emergency medicine team to respond to and run codes and rapids.
- We meet monthly with our emergency medicine providers for team meetings.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Expected annual salary is $165K.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Focusing on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We have the opportunity to occasionally teach DNP and PA students through the University of Washington.
We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Whidbey Island, just a short ferry ride and a 25-mile drive from downtown Seattle, offers peaceful landscapes and many opportunities for biking, hiking, kayaking, camping, fishing, and sailing. The largest island in Washington State, Whidbey Island forms the northern boundary of the Puget Sound and is home to one of the most visited parks in Washington, Deception Pass. Whidbey Island offers easy access to city life & all that is shown in Seattle, with a beautiful, peaceful vacation destination as home.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Rosa Rangel, Medical Director, Hospital Medicine