Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Canton, OH
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunity in Canton, Ohio
Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital is a 476-bed regional hospital in Canton, Ohio. There are over 620 medical staff members proudly serving the needs of Stark County since 1908. Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital maintains its Catholic identity through sponsorship by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine. Mercy Hospital was awarded an ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2020 Hospital Safety Grade.
- Team of 24 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Residents and the hospital medicine team will respond to codes
- No call environment
- Closed ICU – Intensivists on staff; hospitalist will predominately coordinate care, and manage underlying health issues
- Procedures are not required
- Schedule: FT, 8 am – 7 pm (11-hour shift)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in OH; Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP)
- Minimum of 1 year of recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Canton, Ohio, located less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, Ohio, is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the National First Ladies’ Historic Site, and many other cultural and historic landmarks. The greater Stark County area also offers several school districts rated excellent by the Ohio Department of Education and exceptional colleges and universities, including the University of Mount Union, Malone University, Walsh University, Kent State University at Stark, and Stark State College. You’ll also find easy access to excellent schools and low cost of living, coupled with outstanding restaurants, farmers’ markets, shopping, and entertainment venues. And don’t forget to check out the numerous cultural and performing arts events – from orchestras and theatres to museums and art galleries.