Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Casper, WY
Dear potential APP teammates,
I serve as the hospitalist program medical director for Sound Physicians’ practice at Banner Wyoming Medical Center in Casper, Wyoming. For the past three years, I’ve been a member of the Sound team and am excited to share information about our hospital medicine practice. If you’ve recently completed your training or are contemplating a career change, I invite you to explore our approach to people, practice, and purpose as you weigh your options.
- We’re a cohesive team of 13 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers (APPs), and our clinical performance nurse, who offers invaluable support.
- Our team is a diverse mix of clinicians from various geographic, educational, and training backgrounds. We foster a collaborative environment where we continuously learn from each other to enhance patient care.
- Beyond our professional bonds, we share a strong personal connection. We enjoy spending time together outside of work through quarterly dinners and happy hours.
- In our leisure time, we relish the abundance of outdoor activities that Wyoming offers, including mountain climbing, hiking, river floats, visits to national parks, and skiing.
- Our APPs are acute care trained NPs or PAs. We cannot consider FNPs at this time.
- We thrive on challenging, complex cases and operate within a semi-open ICU. Daytime coverage is provided by intensivists, and we have telemedicine ICU coverage during the night. Our team is not responsible for procedures or running codes.
- Regular quarterly team meetings and a monthly newsletter keep us informed and engaged. We also come together for Friday lunches to foster a learning culture.
- Our team motto is “happy providers with a manageable workload.” We prioritize work-life balance by offering a flexible schedule. We understand that life can be unpredictable, and we’re here to support each other when needed.
- Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability coverage, a 401k plan with a matching component, paid medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- Patients are at the core of everything we do, and their well-being is our top priority.
- Growth and development are hallmarks of Sound’s practices. Team members have opportunities for career advancement both locally and within our broader medical group.
- Our team is deeply committed to our community. We encourage team members to contribute within and outside the hospital to enhance the well-being of our local community. Many of us are actively involved in hospital committees and participate in community outreach organizations, such as the Natrona Collective Health Trust.
For those exploring a move to Casper, Wyoming, it is known for its stunning natural beauty, with easy access to the nearby Rocky Mountains and opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, and fishing. Additionally, Casper is recognized by WalletHub as the seventh safest city in America and offers a low cost of living, making it an attractive choice for those seeking an affordable lifestyle in a friendly, tight-knit community.
To explore opportunities with us, please reach out to my recruiting partner, Melinda Tucker, who will connect you with me.
Dr. Jesse Miller