Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Hiring an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at Hill Country Memorial in Fredericksburg, TX!
Hill Country Memorial is a community hospital located in the Texas Hill Country. It is an 86-bed-licensed facility serving 8 counties and beyond. Hill Country Memorial is a consistently nationally ranked “Top 100 Hospital” recognized for its quality by both leading medical professionals and patients beyond Fredericksburg, but its true strength evolves from deep local roots in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County, Texas.
- Hospitalist team has 2 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 86-bed community-based hospital
- ED runs codes
- Open ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
When it comes to health care, Hill Country Memorial (HCM) offers remarkable unparalleled care and a top reputation nationally. HCM has received many awards and certifications. In 2018 Hill Country Memorial was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals for the seventh time by Watson Health and recognized by the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience for the fifth consecutive time.
- HCM is one of 19 “double 5-star” hospitals
- One of four hospitals in TX to receive the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for 8 years in a row (2011-2018)
- Received an “A” for safety from the Leapfrog Group 10 consecutive times
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within ACNP/AGACNP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in TX. Nurse practitioner candidates must be acute care trained; PAs must have recent inpatient experience; family nurse practitioners are not accepted for this position
- ACNP/AGACNP and PAs – 1+ years of acute care hospitalist experience is required
Location & Lifestyle
Fredericksburg is a city of beauty and charm. Its founding includes a rich history of people making a good life in a new place with the help of friends and neighbors. Working together, they created a city where all could live up to their potential, participate in activities, and benefit from services to enhance the quality of their lives. The spirit of working together to create a beautiful, livable place is still alive today in Fredericksburg and that spirit is responsible for the ambiance of the city today.
History in Fredericksburg is alive and well. Experience our past through the Pioneer Museum Complex and the Sauer Beckmann Living History Farm – sites that tell the story of our German settlers in the Texas Hill Country. The rolling hills, colorful wildflowers, and winding country roads are enough to make anyone want to commune with nature.