Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Part – Time)
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center has a strong commitment to improving the health of the communities in which it serves. The facility’s hospitalist-designed technology platform streamlines work, clearing the path to practice high-quality medicine. PeaceHealth Southwest is accredited by NIAHO® and its Regional Cancer Center has received a three-year accreditation with a perfect score for its compliance rating.
- 450-bed community-owned, not-for-profit hospital that is part of an award-winning health system that serves patients in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska
- Established team with 25 physicians and 9 advanced practitioners
- Partial Open ICU – closed during the day; open at night; 24/7 intensivist support; no procedures; no codes
- ED runs codes
- Part-time position with 7 shifts per month
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our physicians and advanced practice providers strive to improve quality through innovation, and
Sound Physicians works hard to implement their best ideas across the organization to benefit the more than one million patients we care for annually. Our commitment to improving patient outcomes is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one community at a time.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the ACNP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Washington
Location & Lifestyle
Vancouver is located on Washington State’s southern border, on the banks of the Columbia River just across from Portland, Oregon. Any direction you look, the scenery is astounding – snowcapped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. Vancouver and Portland offer all the best amenities of city living. A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations. Columbia River George is a renowned windsurfing destination, and there are plentiful options for skiing and hiking within an hour’s drive. The advantages of small city life are preserved in Vancouver with its excellent schools and easy pace. There are fine cultural and commercial offerings just 10 minutes away in Portland. And enjoy a tax break with no income tax in Vancouver and no sales tax in Portland!