Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Nyack, NY
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Nyack, New York
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital founded in 1895 and is located in Rockland County, NY. Its mission is to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care services to Rockland County residents and surrounding areas Nyack Hospital is a member of the Montefiore Health System and a partner with Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, providing clinical rotations to third-year medical students.
- Established team of 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse (includes dedicated nocturnists)
- No call environment; No procedures required
- Closed ICU; Intensivist support from Sound’s own critical care physicians
- Independent floor coverage; admissions
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7am-7pm
- Compensation: $125,000 per year (days)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York (ACNP-BC or AGACNP)
- 2+ years of hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorships.