Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Lexington, KY
To prospective teammates,
As the hospitalist medical director at Sound Physicians who oversees St. Joseph Hospital and St. Joseph East Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky, I am excited to extend an invitation to those considering joining our vibrant team at Sound’s program at St. Joseph East. Over the past 5 years, I’ve proudly contributed to the growth and success of our hospital medicine practice and am eager to welcome nurse practitioners or physician assistants seeking a rewarding career change or emerging from training.
Allow me to provide a more comprehensive overview of our people, practice, and purpose as you contemplate your options:
- We are a tight-knit and well-established team comprising 20 physicians, supported by 6 advanced practice providers, and assisted by 2 dedicated clinical performance nurses.
- Embracing a culture of diversity, our practice boasts a harmonious blend of seasoned professionals and recent graduates.
- A robust collaboration with our hospital administration underscores our commitment to excellence. We consistently work hand-in-hand on committees and projects aimed at enhancing hospital functionality and delivering superior patient care.
- Fostered by a supportive environment, our team engages in regular in-person touchpoints to ensure alignment across the team, the hospital, and Sound Physicians. We also gather for social events outside the hospital setting.
- Proudly supporting H1B and J1 visa candidates, we ensure a seamless process with the expertise of Sound’s in-house visa specialists, along with the backing of our licensing and credentialing experts. All necessary filing fees and services related to visas are fully covered by Sound.
- Welcoming the challenge of complex cases, we operate within a semi-open ICU, benefitting from 24-hour intensivist coverage. Our clinicians are required to perform some procedures, and we are happy to provide training if a refresher course is needed.
- Hospitalist APPs independently manage patients and conduct admissions at night under the supervision of a remote physician.
- Maintaining an informed and connected team, we conduct team huddles a minimum of three times a week and assemble for a monthly all-staff meeting. Monthly educational CME meetings and a hospital-wide Hospital Medicine Committee meeting further contribute to our collective knowledge and growth.
- Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, our team enjoys a flexible schedule and mutual coverage during time away from the hospital.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability coverage, 401k with matching benefits, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Emphasizing growth and development, Sound offers opportunities for career expansion locally and within the broader medical group.
- Committed to community welfare, we actively support and encourage our team members to contribute to the thriving local community, both within and beyond the hospital.
Lexington, Kentucky offers a charming blend of Southern hospitality and a vibrant cultural scene, making it an inviting place to call home. Known for its picturesque horse farms and rich history, moving to Lexington provides an opportunity to embrace a unique combination of tradition and modern living.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Addie Pierce, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Matt Cantrell
System Medical Director, SJH Main/East