Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
St. Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital’s current facility was built in 2011 but its mission to serve dates back to 1918. The staff is like family, and they are happy to serve Bourbon, Bath, Menifee, Clark, Montgomery, Nicholas, Powell, and Rowan counties.
- 40-bed, community hospital
- Established team of 2 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes during the day (ER responsible at night)
- Open, 4-bed ICU; Procedure experience preferred
- Schedule: 12-hr shift, weekends
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Ohio; Acute care certification required with 1+ years of experience
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 45 minutes east of Lexington, KY, Mount Sterling is a tight-knit community of approximately 7,000 people. It is home to Saint Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital and is the county seat for Montgomery County. In the quaint downtown district of Mt. Sterling, KY you will find Gateway Regional Arts Center, The Montgomery County History Museum, and many unique shopping and dining experiences. And if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, you will also find Ruth Hunt Candy Factory in Mount Sterling, KY! It is home to their famous “Blue Monday” pulled cream candy bars, the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls, and many other creations. Mount Sterling is not only a great place to visit but is the perfect, charming hometown to raise a family.