Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Cynthiana, KY
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Harrison Memorial Hospital in Cynthiana, Kentucky. I have been a part of Sound for over a year. I am proud of the hospitalist practice we are building and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I would like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of one physician and two advanced practice providers (nocturnist) with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- We are looking for a fourth full-time team member who is a good communicator, has a dynamic personality, is a team player, and is a compassionate provider.
- We thrive on the diversity of our clinicians, hailing from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds. We continuously learn from one another to approach patient care with fresh perspectives.
- As an independent not-for-profit hospital, involvement in medical staff is encouraged but not required. There are opportunities to participate on committees and with active med staff to guide the future of the hospital and its continued growth in the community.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in an open ICU with intensivist in-house consultation available. We run codes during the day, and the ability to perform procedures is appreciated but not required.
- Hospitalist APPs independently manage patients and admissions during the night shift with a remote supervising physician.
- We look forward to quarterly team meetings.
- We like to spend time with our families, in the outdoors, or exploring hobbies such as boating or flying, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out. We appreciate the work/life balance our specialty affords us and do what we can to protect that.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always!
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Cynthiana, Kentucky, offers residents a charming and welcoming environment, blending a rich historical heritage with a close-knit community spirit. Known for its picturesque downtown, historic homes, and the scenic Licking River, Cynthiana provides a tranquil backdrop for a relaxed lifestyle. The city’s annual events, like the Cynthiana Rod Run and the Walking Ghost Tour, contribute to a vibrant community life. With affordable living, a proud agricultural tradition, and proximity to Lexington, Cynthiana appeals to those seeking a peaceful yet connected living experience in the heart of the Bluegrass State.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
James O. “Joey“ Calder, MD