Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Nocturnist
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
SSM St. Mary’s Hospital, a two-time winner of the prestigious Premier Award for Quality, is a teaching hospital that offers an independent, accredited IM residency and is the headquarters for St. Louis University School of Medicines Dept. of Obstetrics/Gynecology and its FP residency program. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services and comprehensive medical care, including the only Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI center.
- 476-bed, non-profit teaching hospital; Part of the SSM (Sister’s of St. Mary) hospital system
- An established team of 20 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- Closed ICU with intensivist coverage provided by Sound’s own critical care team
- Procedure experience is not required
- No code responsibility
- Block schedule (182 nights per year) and collaborate with physician nocturnist in managing cross-cover calls and completing lower acuity admissions
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO; acute care certification required
- Must have ACLS/BLS
- Experience is strongly preferred
Location & Lifestyle
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s honoring westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
- Great schools including public, private, and parochial
- Some of the nation’s best universities including Washington University, St. Louis University, University of Missouri
- Cardinals Baseball at Busch Stadium, Cricket, Soccer, Football, Cycling, Pro Hockey