Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Day or Swing Shift)
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner; Day or Swing Shift Opportunities in Frederick, Maryland
Frederick Memorial Hospital is an acute care hospital located in Frederick, Maryland. The hospital opened in 1902 and is the only acute care hospital within a 25-mile radius of the city. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission.
- An established team of 21 physicians, 9 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Procedures are not required
- Closed ICU; 24/7 intensivist coverage by Sound’s own critical care team
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospitalist, critical care, and emergency medicine services (including EM pediatrics)
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella, we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in the communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when hospital medicine, emergency medicine, and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license (ACNP); Acute care certification required
Location & Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, and orchards. Known for its rich history, vibrant arts scene, and welcoming community, Frederick offers an exceptional quality of life that makes it an ideal place to call home.
- A charming downtown area; Historic streets are lined with a diverse array of boutiques, art galleries, and delicious restaurants, offering a delightful blend of old-world charm and contemporary flair.
- The nearby Cunningham Falls State Park and Gambrill State Park provide ample opportunities for hiking, camping, and exploring the great outdoors.
- Proximity to significant historical sites, such as Antietam National Battlefield and Gettysburg National Military Park, makes it a haven for those eager to delve into the past.
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.