Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Texas Health Arlington is an acute care, full-service 338-bed non-profit medical center serving Arlington and the North Texas area and is ranked among the best hospitals in the Dallas/Ft Worth region by US News and World Report.
- Established team with 18.3 physicians and 4 advanced practitioners
- No procedures
- Open ICU; ICU runs codes
- ED runs codes
- 7on/ 7off; nights 7 PM – 7 AM
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Requirements of Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
Our physicians and advanced practice providers strive to improve quality through innovation, and
Sound Physicians works hard to implement their best ideas across the organization to benefit the more than one million patients we care for annually. Our commitment to improving patient outcomes is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one community at a time.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Average 4+/- admits a night and will have non-ICU cross-cover calls
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within the ACNP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas
- New graduates must be acute care trained as an NP
Location & Lifestyle
Enjoy an average of 245 days of sunshine and have access to dozen of city parks in and around Dallas/Fort Worth. Proximity to DFW International Airport allows for easy access to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and other areas within a few hours for business or those quick weekend getaways! This is just one of the many reasons DFW consistently remains a highly desirable area for home buyers and employers. Sub-Tropical climates allow for an endless variety of entertainment which includes everything from a vibrant nightlife in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards to year-round activities including Boating, golf, motor racing, biking, tennis, golf, and water sports. With a diverse culture and economy, DFW has some of the trendiest shopping and allows for endless choices of dining, music, and museums. It is considered the museum capital of the Southwest. For those sports fans, DFW is home to the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, The Mavericks, and the Texas Rangers. You will have plenty to keep you busy!