Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Lexington, KY
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Saint Joseph East, a community hospital with 174 beds, is located in the rapidly growing southeastern part of Lexington, Kentucky. Saint Joseph East complements Saint Joseph Hospital’s healthcare mission through multiple services and specialties. At Saint Joseph East, maternal and child care, cardiovascular services, ambulatory surgery, and 24-hour emergency care are supported through traditional inpatient and outpatient programs. Additional specialty services include heart care, breast care, sleep care, and weight loss surgery.
- Team of 6 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with support
- Procedure experience preferred
- Hospitalist attend codes on own patients
- No call environment
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into your new role. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license with acute care certification; 1-year recent acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Lexington, the second-largest city in Kentucky, is known as the “Horse Capital of the World” and it sits in the heart of the state’s Bluegrass region. With a metro area of about 500,000, it is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, The Red Mile, and Keeneland race courses, Rupp Arena, the world’s largest basketball-specific arena, Transylvania University, the University of Kentucky, and Bluegrass Community & Technical College. Living in Lexington, you are only an easy drive away from Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Knoxville, TN!