Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
- Nocturnist Hospitalist Opportunity
- 7 days on/ 7 days off, 7 PM to 7 AM
- Collaborative practice environment
- 229-bed hospital not-for-profit hospital affiliated with Christus Health
- Established team with 14 physicians, 2 APPs, a hospitalist coordinator, and a clinical performance nurse
- Full specialty backup to include cardiac cath lab, rehab, stenting, coronary and vascular intervention, intensivist, pulmonology, sleep medicine, and neurology
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in LA; Acute care certification required; Must have ACLS/BLS
- A minimum of 1 year inpatient practice experience is required
Location & Lifestyle
Located in NW Louisiana, Shreveport is the 3rd largest city of Louisiana with a population of 200,000 and the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan population exceeds 400,000. Shreveport is the commercial and cultural center of the Arkansas-Louisiana-Texas region, where TX, AR, and LA meet.
The Red River is the heart and soul of Shreveport, a cultural and gaming center on the LA/TX border. Riverboat casinos evoke the glamour and mystery of the past while providing modern visitors and its citizens thrills and excitement. The downtown area is a vibrant, historical city with its culture deeply immersed in good food and entertainment. Residents can enjoy a wide array of activities from fine dining in the area’s fine waterfront district which includes numerous historical museums, art galleries, theater, shopping, and botanical gardens.