Acute Care Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an acute care advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Memorial University Hospital is the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and children’s hospital. It is also home to the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
- 612-bed, community hospital; level I tertiary, teaching hospital
- Established team of 30 physicians, 10 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Intensivists run codes
- Closed ICU with 24/7 Intensivist support
- No codes or procedures required
- Full sub-specialty backup and support – cardiac unit recently expanded – full pediatric hospitalist program
- Schedule: 4 PM – 4 AM or 10 PM – 8 AM, 7 on/7 off
Requirements of Acute Care Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Georgia
- Preference for an acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant with a minimum of two years of hospitalist APP experience; FNP must have specific hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Savannah, Georgia is a city diverse in culture and is located on the beautiful Georgia coast. The city offers a strong economy, good quality of living, and a wide spectrum of cultural and recreational activities. Savannah boasts a low cost of living, rich history, and an exciting food scene for a wonderful culinary experience. The area has beautiful coastal beaches, a warm temperate climate year-round, fishing, golf, boating, hiking, biking, and robust tourism to the area for its scenic beauty.