Medical Director, Hospital Medicine – Stockton, CA
Teaching Opportunity at St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Stockton, CA!
St. Joseph’s Medical Center is a not-for-profit facility with 366 beds, a physician staff of over four hundred, and more than 2,400 employees. Specializing in cardiovascular care, comprehensive cancer services, and women and children’s services including neonatal intensive care, St. Joseph’s is the largest hospital and private employer in Stockton. Nationally recognized as a quality leader, St. Joseph’s is consistently chosen as the “most preferred hospital” by local consumers. Our commitment to our patients and their families is to provide a clean and restful environment, staffed with friendly and caring employees who have the skills and desire to help people improve their health.
- Join the team of twenty-four hospitalists
- 366-bed not-for-profit hospital
- Open ICU; 24/7 intensivist coverage; no procedures
- Compensation: $350K-$400K base pay depending on clinical shift load
- Opportunity to teach Family Medicine and Internal Medicine residents
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Previous medical director/leadership experience required
- H1B/J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
With its Central Valley location, Stockton attracts a wide range of business and recreational activities. The California Delta with over 1,000 miles of waterways surrounding Stockton is a scenic wetland with over 100 marinas and resorts. A variety of arts and cultural activities are available with opportunities to enjoy music, theatre, dance, and literary events. Stockton is the 12th largest city in the state with over 250,000 residents. Stockton, the “All America City,” offers residents a unique blend of lifestyle opportunities. St. Joseph’s is located in the heart of CSU Stanislaus Stockton, and the Midtown-Magnolia Community, an area rich with homes built around the turn of the century.
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth