Residents & Fellows
Maximize Your Potential
Sound Compass Program
Sound developed the Compass Program for physicians who demonstrate early signs of leadership in their residency or fellowship training. This program is ideal for equipping the next generation of physician leaders by providing a fast track for career growth. Compass physicians receive mentorship and collaboration with thought leaders driving innovation and improving patient outcomes across the organization.
- 12-month Development Curriculum (topics include: Teamwork, Innovation, Patient Experience, Population Health, Leadership, and Advanced Care Planning)
Registration for your specialty-specific association annual meeting (SHM, ACEP, or SCCM)
- Paid attendance at Sound Physicians’ National Leadership Conference
- Consideration for the Emerging Leaders (EmLe) program, an intensive 12-month peer leadership curriculum for those with high potential for leadership
- Monthly stipend for the remaining months of training in consideration of an early commitment to Sound Physicians
- Chief residents or fellows, with a letter of recommendation from Program Director
- Master’s in Business Administration or healthcare-related field
- Military service at a rank requiring leadership training and experience
We encourage all interested physicians to apply. The Compass program medical director and the applicant’s direct supervisor will evaluate each application. Physicians accepted to the program join a cohort starting every April, which runs through March.