System Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to lead our well-established program in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As a System Director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled chief calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
As System Director, you will have a dedicated internal team to support you.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit
- You will have a staffing coordinator to handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Oversee around 90 FTE between 5 hospitals in and around the Tulsa, OK area
- Monday through Friday;100% administrative leadership position
- 5+ years of leadership experience in hospital medicine
- Active OK license or in the process of applying
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- H1B and J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location and Lifestyle
Once considered the oil capital of the world, “T-Town” has developed into a vibrant (albeit small), modern metro area. Straddling the South, Southwest, and Midwest regions of the country, Tulsa is home to a distinct culture comprised of the best characteristics of each of these regions, in addition to Native American and cowboy heritage. The community often comes together to celebrate its heritage and common interests. Some of the most popular events include Oktoberfest, the Tulsa Tough annual bicycle race and affiliated Cry Baby Hill block party, several food festivals, and Mayfest. Tulsa has some great outdoor spots that locals routinely take advantage of with more than 130 parks in the metro area, including the popular River West Festival Park and Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area. More than 50 miles of trails traverse the Tulsa area, providing hikers and bikers with beautiful views of the Arkansas River. The metro area is also home to several golf courses, as well as plenty of places to team up and play soccer, rugby, and baseball. Enjoying live music is a favorite pastime for Tulsa residents, who flock to popular venues like Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa Theater, The BOK Center, and Guthrie Green. Tulsa also appeals to art aficionados with a collection of galleries and the expansive Philbrook Museum of Art. The Deco District showcases examples of art deco architecture.