Pulmonary Critical Care Physician
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano has been serving the Plano community and surrounding communities for 30 years with full-service care provided by a compassionate and committed team of health care providers. The hospital has been ranked seven years in a row as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For and has received American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Designation.
- Team of 7 physicians and 8 advanced practitioners
- Closed ICU; Mandatory consult and heavy patient management
- Schedule: 6 week rotation
- Call ratio of hospital to office is approximately 70:30; Call is 1:6
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401k and Path to Partnership opportunity
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Must be board certified in internal medicine and board certified or board eligible in pulmonary and critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Ranked the most affluent city in the nation and home to numerous top companies, Plano features dining, shopping, and outdoor activities. It is located within 30 minutes of Dallas and 50 minutes of Fort Worth. The area boasts an average of 285 sunny days a year and is a commutable distance to several Fortune 500 companies, professional sports teams, numerous music, and entertainment venues, theaters, the Dallas Symphony, and much more. Texas’ motto is “Friendship”, which perfectly describes the city’s welcoming personality.