Program Medical Director, Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. As a Program Medical Director with Sound Critical Care, you will develop, lead, and mentor your team; developing policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Our partner hospital proudly serves the Tampa Bay and Hillsborough County area with world-class care and continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of its patients. Focusing on providing care to the whole person, our team in Tampa delivers high-end care with the support of numerous subspecialists and centers of excellence. Their cardiac facility specializes in innovative care, including robot-assisted surgeries and catheter-based pumps, and is home to one of Florida’s most prestigious research institutes. Also home to the Brian & Spine Institute, this award-winning Tampa hospital brings state-of-the-art advances in neurological, neurovascular, and neurosurgical treatment to the Tampa Bay area.
Last fall, the hospital expanded, adding 96 new private patient rooms (including 24 ICU beds) and 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms. We are excited about the opportunity to expand our Intensivist team.
- 536-bed, level II trauma facility, and comprehensive stroke center
- 52 bed ICU – providing care to medical, surgical, neuro, and CVICU/CTICU
- Team of 10 full-time intensivists and 3 advanced practitioners
Education, Training & Experience Required
The Critical Care Program Medical Director will oversee a team of experienced critical care physicians and advanced practice providers. You will practice clinically in addition to administrative responsibilities and should have at least five years of leadership experience in a large ICU.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 10+ years of experience
- ICU Medical Director experience preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the welcoming Tampa suburbs and across the street from the University of South Florida, AdventHealth Tampa is ideally situated and offers easy access to the bay and areas inland.
- Excellent cost of living (no state income tax!)
- More than 30 beautiful beaches – average weather from 70-90 degrees
- Professional soccer, baseball, football, and hockey teams
- Local international airport