Post Acute Physician (Part time)
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions. As part of our comprehensive episode of care strategy, our team of SNFist physicians manages the care of our patients discharged from our hospitalist programs. Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling.
- Responsible for admissions and for executing the post-discharge plan of care
- Ensure safe discharge to home from the skilled nursing facilities
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Schedule: 3 days a week Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Local area travel required – visiting approximately 1-3 SNF’s a day
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of the Post Acute Physician
- MD or DO required
- Board-certification or board-eligible internal medicine or family medicine
- Experience working with the geriatric population in a post-acute setting preferred
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar and skilled with using EMRs
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals, including the National Cherry Festival. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.