Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Thomas Memorial Hospital is a respected not-for-profit hospital that has served the community of South Charleston since December 1946. As a part of the Thomas Health System, Thomas Memorial Hospital is a partner of St. Francis Hospital located in Charleston, fully accredited by The Joint Commission, and was voted one of the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America.
- 266-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Established team of 15 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Minimal code environment – about 3 per week
- Co-managed, semi-open ICU; No procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off, 7pm-7am
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WV. Ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 year of recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston, which is home to just over 13,000 residents. South Charleston offers both new and historic housing options with excellent public and private school systems. Cultural and recreational activities include the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center and the Clay Center for Performing Arts. With an easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC, and Charlotte there is so much to see!