Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility and provides specialized care including northern Indiana’s only heart and kidney transplant programs, an accredited bariatric surgery program, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended cancer care program, and a certified primary stroke center. It has achieved advanced certification from The Joint Commission for ventricular assist devices and was the first hospital in northern Indiana to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- 396-bed, for-profit hospital – part of CHS Healthcare System
- Team of 20 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Ability to autonomously see 10+ patients per day when rounding, and complete admissions along with an admitting physician when working admitting shifts
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Indiana
- MUST have 1+ years of acute care, hospitalist APP experience in an inpatient setting working with high acuity patients
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Fort Wayne, Indiana is rated the number one city in Indiana to raise your kids. Fort Wayne received the All-American City Award and a City of Livability award.
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- 10-minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking, and biking
- Easy travel to Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit (2 hrs) and local Fort Wayne International Airport makes traveling convenient.
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- An active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program