Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Iron Mountain, MI
Acute Care Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in Iron Mountain, Michigan
Marshfield Medical Center Dickinson is a 49-bed, general medical and surgical hospital in Iron Mountain, MI. Dickinson is part of Marshfield Clinic Health System. The hospital serves communities in Michigan’s western Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin and has over 90 physicians and 850 employees on staff. Marshfield Medical Center Dickinson is a repeat winner of the Governor’s Award of Excellence. This award recognizes participants for their dedication and success in improving healthcare quality and patient safety in Michigan.
- Team of 5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Open ICU
- Procedure experience not required
- Hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- Flexible scheduling – No nights; Our own telemedicine team covers the hospitalist inpatients during the night
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP); Minimum 1 year of hospitalist experience preferred
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Michigan’s scenic Upper Peninsula, Iron Mountain is an economic hub, centrally located between Marquette, Michigan, and Green Bay, Wisconsin. It offers a wide variety of outdoor recreation in all four seasons including golfing, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, rafting, skiing, snowmobiling, and more. The city was named a “Michigan Main Street” community for its historic walkable downtown. The area is also known for its family-oriented nature – friendly, safe, and low crime rate!