Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Nocturnist)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, proudly serves the Tampa Bay and Hillsborough County area with world-class care and continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of their patients. Focusing on providing care to the whole person, the team at AdventHealth Tampa delivers high-end care with the support of numerous subspecialists and centers of excellence. The Pepin Heart Institute specializes in innovative care, including robot-assisted surgeries and catheter-based pumps, and is home to the Dr. Kiran C Patel Research Institute.
Also home to the Florida Hospital Tampa Brian & Spine Institute, AdventHealth Tampa brings state-of-the-art advances in neurological, neurovascular, and neurosurgical treatment to the Tampa Bay area. This fall, the hospital will be opening the Taneja Center for Surgery, adding 96 new private patient rooms (including 24 ICU beds) and 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms. We are excited for our continued partnership with AdventHealth Tampa and the opportunity to expand our Intensivist team.
- 536-bed, level II trauma facility, and comprehensive stroke center
- 52 ICU beds – medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac patients
- Established team of 10 physicians and 4 advanced practitioners
- Modified block schedule
AdventHealth Tampa is part of the larger AdventHealth family, a national leader in health care with more than 80,000 healthcare professionals in 130 facilities in nine states. AdventHealth Tampa continues to set the standard for care in the Tampa Bay area and beyond. Achieving their third consecutive A grade from the Leapfrog Group in 2019, the hospital proves their dedication to patient safety and outcomes.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. The Critical Care APP works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team comprised of experienced Critical Care physicians and APPs. This opportunity offers clinical independence, growth, and an above-market compensation package.
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in FL and active BLS/ACLS certification. Minimum 3 years’ recent ICU experience including procedural competencies.
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the welcoming Tampa suburbs and across the street from the University of South Florida, AdventHealth Tampa is ideally situated and offers easy access to the bay and areas inland.
- Excellent cost of living (no state income tax!)
- More than 30 beautiful beaches – average weather from 70-90 degrees
- Professional soccer, baseball, football, and hockey teams
- Local international airport