Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Christus St. Michael’s is a non-profit hospital with a full scope of health services, serving the four-state region of Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The hospital is a Level III trauma center, Primary Stroke Center, and is affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic’s Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute. They have also been accredited by the Joint Commission, recognized as a NICHE hospital, are Magnet recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and have been named one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2020 by IBM Watson Health. Christus St. Michale’s has also been voted a top “most beautiful hospital in the country”, evident by its walking paths, mature pine trees, and ponds.
- 312-bed hospital; One of only 8% of U.S. hospitals Magnet recognized
- 32 bed ICU; medical, surgical, and cardiovascular
- Team of 2 intensivists and 2 advanced practitioners
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off block schedule (mix of days & nights)
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, and cardiac patients
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in VA and active BLS/ACLS certification
- Minimum 1 years of practice experience as APP required with recent critical care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Texarkana is a unique city split between Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas. With an MSA of 143,400, residents enjoy a low cost of living and no state income tax in Texas as well as Arkansans living within the city limits.
- Abundant woodlands and area lakes are enjoyed year-round affording opportunities for hunting, fishing, and boating
- Larger metro areas such as Dallas and Little Rock are just a few hours away