Nurse Practitioner – Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 391-bed, non-profit, top-rated, Catholic hospital just 5 minutes from downtown Richmond
- Established team of 23 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Closed ICU – managed by Sound’s own intensivist team; No procedures required
- Hospitalists shares codes responsibility with rapid response team
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Virginia; may consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience
- Must have 1+ years of acute care, inpatient experience as an NP; nurse practitioners only, not open to physician assistants
Location & Lifestyle
If you’re from Richmond, you already know this wonderful location is one of our nation’s best-kept secrets! However, if you’re not from the area, here is some very exciting information for you. Richmond, Virginia, is one of our nation’s top metropolitan cities for businesses, singles, and families and ranks 53rd on a list of U.S. best places to live, according to the 2019 edition of the U.S. News and World report of liveable cities! One of our many unique attractions is the James River which boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands which is amazing for river and riverfront activities such as kayaking, fishing, biking, walking, and jogging. Other Richmond attractions include outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, fun breweries, wine bars, tons of eclectic shopping, and delicious, diverse, artistically designed restaurants. Richmond is an awesome place for foodies!
Residing in Richmond is exciting! It’s home to top colleges and universities and also home to top-notch public and private schools. The city offers trendy lofts and modern condos overlooking the river, as well as, beautiful homes with historic design and thoughtfully planned out subdivisions. Also, close by are relaxing, acres upon acres of scenic farmland. One very much appreciated benefit of our city is that we do not have the traffic congestion of other metropolitan cities so getting around is, refreshingly stress-free! And if you wanted to get away for the weekend, Richmond is an easy drive to the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains, fun in the sun at multiple beaches, or loads to experience in Washington D.C, or the Carolinas. Come to see for yourself and get ready for a great time!