Nocturnist Observation Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Frederick, MD
To our potential teammates,
I serve as the medical director at Frederick Memorial Hospital in Frederick, Maryland, and have been a part of Sound Physicians for the past four years. I take immense pride in the hospital medicine practice we’ve built and extend a warm invitation to nurse practitioners and physician assistants contemplating a career transition. Allow me to shed light on who we are and what we stand for, particularly around our people, practice, and purpose:
- Our team has 22 physicians and 8 advanced practice providers (APPs), with four of them serving in the observation unit.
- We have a diverse group of clinicians from various geographic, educational, and training backgrounds, all of whom possess strong clinical acumen and an unwavering commitment to exceptional patient care.
- Within work hours, we’re a dedicated and hardworking group; outside of work, we foster strong interpersonal connections by spending quality time together.
- I see my role as a leader to be supportive and collaborative with the team.
- Sound offers a comprehensive orientation program, making it ideal for new graduates. We also create an environment conducive to flexibility and innovation for experienced clinicians.
- Frederick Memorial Hospital values its clinical staff by offering perks such as free parking and a comfortable lounge area for socializing with fellow hospital providers and enjoying meals. We provide full subspecialty support.
- Located in Frederick, Maryland, you’ll find a rich quality of life, a strong sense of community, and a harmonious blend of urban and natural attractions. The city’s historic downtown is a hub of vibrant arts and culture, with shops, restaurants, and galleries. Nestled amid picturesque landscapes, including the stunning Catoctin Mountains and the Monocacy River, Frederick offers a strategic location with easy access to both Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Our hospital has a closed ICU, managed by Sound’s intensivist team. We’re actively seeking board-certified candidates comfortable with handling complex patients across all medical services, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants are encouraged to apply.
- Our hospitalist team plays a pivotal role in the rapid response team, and codes are managed by the intensivist team. All team members are certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. There are no procedural requirements.
- Daily responsibilities include rounds, admissions, and discharges for observation unit patients. Nocturnist physicians are available for decision support, and our schedule operates on a week on/week off basis.
- We hold weekly huddles and monthly team meetings in addition to lunch-and-learn sessions to stay current on the latest developments in the field of medicine, at the hospital, and with Sound.
- We work in Meditech Expand, a web-based system, with access to our internal informatics platform.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with a matching program, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- Our retention rate is excellent, and we work collaboratively to ensure coverage for time off.
- We put patients first. Always.
- I came to Sound for leadership opportunities. I’ve stayed because of the clinical and operational support, but mostly because we respect our clinicians and provide leaders with autonomy.
- We highly value our partnership with the hospital, and our team actively participates in hospital committees.
- Our practice encourages growth and development, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
Should you wish to delve deeper into this opportunity, kindly reach out to my recruiting partner, Jill Albach, who will help us connect.
Dr. Damian Crawford
Hospitalist Medical Director