Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into your new role. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Covenant Medical Center serves a population of 1.2 million residents. It consists of four owned hospitals, fourteen leased and managed hospitals, and twenty healthcare centers serving a 62 county region. Covenant Health is consistently one of the top hospitals in the country. For eleven years straight the National Research Corporation name Covenant Medical Center as one of the top hospitals in the country and the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Reader’s Choice Awards has named it the Best Hospital every year since 2006.
- Established team with 22 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- ED run codes
- No call
- Open ICU
- No procedures are required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Acute Care Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas required
- Minimum of 2 years of hospitalist experience as an acute care NP or PA; not open to family nurse practitioners; will accept new grads with ICU or critical care experience accepted
Location & Lifestyle
Named the “HUB” city, Lubbock’s growing economy, housing options, educational opportunities, and recreational amenities make it one of the most livable cities in Texas! Lubbock is a thriving city of over 230,000 people; A bustling metropolis with great music, shopping, and dining, Big 12 Conference sports, a vibrant arts community, and acclaimed medical facilities, Lubbock blends small-town charm with West Texas warmth and hospitality.
- Brick paved streets lead to an array of family attractions, quaint shops, specialty stores, award-winning golf courses, and over 30 lakes to enjoy year-round
- Lubbock ranks below average in cost of living and offers a diverse and strong job market
- Enjoy an average of 245 days of sunshine!
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked as one of the top 12 hospitals in the entire state of Texas
- Covenant Medical Center is the only hospital to receive a “Best Hospital” ranking in Lubbock and the South Plains region
- HealthGrades awarded Covenant Medical Center with the most five-star ratings of any hospital in Lubbock